SLOPE STYLE COMPETITION
LOCATION: Stompin' Grounds Terrain Park
1. Helmets are required!
2. No inverted maneuvers permitted! (skis/boards/feet may not break the plane of the head at any time)
3. Competition will be divided into the following divisions:
- Men 15 and under skier
- Men 15 and under snowboard
- Men 16 and over skier
- Men 16 and over snowboard
- Women combined
4. A minimum number of entrants are required. In the event that there are not enough entrants, the participants may be placed elsewhere to compete.
5. Competitors will be judged in three main categories:
6. Each competitor will be given (2) attempts, and will be scored on a scale of 1-10 by each judge, with the possibility for a maximum total of 40 points per attempt. Total points of first attempt plus second attempt decide standings.
7. A group walk through will take place and (1) practice run will be allowed.
8. Judges decisions are final.
9. Winners will be announced shortly after the completion of the event.
10. Competitors can/will be disqualified for un-sportsman like or behavior deemed un-acceptable by judges and/or Elk Mountain Management/Staff.
11. All results will be posted in the Lodge after 3:00PM.
TIME: 10:30AM 2:30PM
LOCATION: East Slope
1. Piles of snow will be located on the East Slope just below the Race Building.
2. You may work alone or in teams (no more than 4 people per team).
3. Be creative and have fun.
4. Judging will be at 2:30PM.
5. Decision of the judges is final.
ROOTIN' TOOTIN' SLALOM RACE
Ages 12 and under
LOCATION: Beginners Slope
1. Skier/Boarder must follow the course between each set of the two poles and sound each horn.
2. Contestant's score consists of participant's time plus 5 points for each horn missed or not following the course between poles.
3. The lowest score wins.
4. All decisions of the judges are final.
CARDBOARD VEHICLE RACE
LOCATION: West Slope
Open to all ages.
1. Teams of three (3) or four (4). No more than two (2) pushers. All team members must be in the vehicle when crossing both the start and finish lines. Fifteen (15) yard push zone before start line.
2. Vehicle must cross finish line with all team members in the vehicle.
3. Must be made of all cardboard, duct tape and glue only.
4. No metal fasteners. No wooden or metal framing and no duct tape on the bottom.
5. No trial runs.
6. Individual timed runs.
7. Untreated cardboard surface only on the snow. No wax, spray, etc.
8. Prizes for fastest time and most creative vehicle.
9. Must dispose of your own cardboard.
PUDDING EATING CONTEST
1. Ages 7 & under, ages 8 to 12.
2. Contestants must put both hands behind their back. NO HANDS.
3. Styrofoam bowls will be used.
4. First one to finish all the pudding wins.
5. Parents are not allowed at contest table.
6. In case of a tie, there will be a 10 minute break and then a eat-off.
LOCATION: West Slope
1. Master of Ceremonies will lead parade down the West Slope. While it is ideal that you be able to ski in your costume, you may start at the Halfway House but you must be on skis.
2. All participants must be able to ski in their costumes.
3. Costumes will be judged on originality, presentation and creativity.
4. There will be age divisions for children and adults.
5. Prizes will be awarded immediately following parade.