Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any discounts for lift tickets?
Yes! See below for details for our best buys.
Please note that these discounts are available only at the ticket windows.
When you present your military I.D., receive $10 off any regular price all area ticket any time. Special savings to honor active and retired members of the U.S. Military.
Every Tuesday beginning in the new year through season’s end we offer seniors 65 and up a lift ticket for $35.
Every Wednesday beginning in the new year through season’s end, present your current College Student Picture i.d. and receive a lift ticket for $35.
This season, Elk Mountain is going radio frequency! That’s right, access to the chairlifts will all be handled by RFID technology. Due to this change, passes and tickets will look a bit different. Here are some tips to make your direct to lift experience a breeze.
- Your Season Pass or Lift Ticket has been loaded onto this space age encrypted card with a RFID chip inside.
- Place your card in a jacket pocket by itself. Do not place it in a pocket with cell phones, wallet items, keys, food or cans.
- Place your card in a side pocket on the left side of your jacket between shoulder and waist height.
- Do not punch holes in your card. It will cause damage to the RFID antenna.
- Once you receive your card, you can skip the ticket window and head straight to the lift instead. The access gates will read your card and open if valid for the day.
- Your photo will not be printed on your card but it will be in our system. When your card is scanned at the gate, your photo will be displayed, screened, and admired by our staff.
- Save this card! Reload your card online and use it for several years. Reduces waste and adds convenience.
- Make sure you are carrying only your card when you go through the access gates. Do not carry cards for family or friends.
- We will issue only one card per customer. A $5 replacement fee will apply to lost cards and remember, your card is your card. They are non transferable.
Ready to visit Elk Mountain?
Lifts start loading at 8:30 a.m. each day. Ticket sales, rentals, ski school, and the cafeteria open at 8:00 a.m. each day. We close at 4:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and at 9:00 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. Come ski or snowboard at Elk Mountain, located in the beautiful Endless Mountains just north of the Poconos. We also invite beginners of all ages to enjoy the slopes at a discounted rate! All lift tickets are valid only for the day and time purchased and are not transferrable to another day or season. Tickets are not refundable if unredeemed/unused.
PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW IN ITS ENTIRETY BEFORE MAKING A PURCHASE.
Purchase lift tickets using the “Buy Now” button below. If you already have (non transferrable) ticket media from a previous visit to Elk Mountain, use the “Reload Now” button below and save $5. Tickets may be purchased or reloaded up to two days in advance. Please be absolutely certain (check the weather forecast!) before finalizing a sale that you intend to made a final purchase. Items purchased online are not refundable or transferrable to a different date. Pricing is the same online as at the ticket windows and we’re not limiting lift tickets so you can wait until the last minute. Check the date before you finalize a purchase. Be sure that you’re purchasing tickets for the date that you want. If purchasing a 2-day ticket, select the date for the first day. 2-day tickets are for consecutive days. By clicking on the “Buy Now” or “Reload Now” button, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to the conditions stated here.
beginner lift tickets
For guests of all ages
Weekend & Holidays
*Beginner lift tickets are for guests of all ages. Kids under 5 years of age receive a complimentary lift ticket when accompanied by an adult purchasing a lift ticket. The purchaser of the beginner lift ticket may only ride the “A” lift.
adult lift tickets
Weekends & Holidays
Children and Seniors
Children age 6-18 and Seniors age 65+
Weekends & Holidays
A wonderful day at Elk, way out there past the Poconos for us. Absolutely beautiful! I loved it, very unique compared to most commercialised mountains now. Elk offers good food, good slopes and a great atmosphere! My favourite out of the mountains in PA
Michael Sharer, Local Guide
I love this ski mountain with a passion. Everybody knows how to ski here and actually have a great time. You can get into an excellent rhythm of making runs and transforming into a better skier every time you go there. It’s pretty open so you can make a variety of turns and have fun.
Great local ski resort. All levels. Wonderful program for kids while parents ski. Very friendly and helpful staff.
Jennifer Showers, Local Guide